Bruschetta with Asparagus and Swiss Cheese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
4 x 1½ cm slices crusty white bread
60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
1 garlic clove, cut in half
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
4 artichoke hearts, well drained, quartered
4 asparagus spears, blanched and cut in small pieces
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
12 black olives, pitted, cut in half
salt and pepper to taste
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh basil leaves, snipped into pieces
250 ml (1 cup) Canadian Swiss cheese, diced
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 5 minutes until golden.
- Remove bread from oven and rub tops with garlic gloves halves. Set aside.
- Combine oil, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add artichoke hearts, asparagus, olives and cherry tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in basil.
- Spread mixture over toasted bread slices and top with cheese.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2164