Brown Rice Power Bars
Healthy, homemade energy bars for people on the go! These brown rice bars are packed with dried fruits, nuts and seeds and bound together with wholesome brown rice and natural nut butter. They’re portable, convenient and best of all, provide the energy you need to keep up with your busy schedule!
Number of servings : 24 pieces
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup pure nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond) with no additional ingredients
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup brown rice flour
1-1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups cooked U.S. brown rice
1/2 cup coconut
2 cups (500 mL) favourite trail mix*
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
2. In large bowl, beat butters and sugar until light and well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir into butter mixture until well combined. Fold in rice, coconut and trail mix.
4. Spread mixture into a parchment-lined 13-x9-inch (33 cm x 23 cm) baking dish. Bake in the centre of oven until golden and set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool before slicing into bars with a serrated knife.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or wrap and freeze for up to 1 month.
Tip: These bars can also be prepared as cookies.
*To ensure the recipe is gluten-free, avoid trail mixes containing chocolate, Smarties or dates as these products may contain barley malt flavouring or wheat flour.