Barbecued Strawberry Chicken
“When it’s time to impress family and friends, we serve barbecued chicken garnished with strawberries. It’s easier than anyone would ever guess.” —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan. In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 1 minute.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 4-6 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Bake until a thermometer reads 165°, 12-15 minutes. Stir in strawberries.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce: 495 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fibre), 35g protein.