Banana Cream Pie with Cake Mix Crust
“I added something special to the classic banana cream pie: A crunchy peanut-buttery streusel tops it off.” —Matthew Hass, Franklin, Wisconsin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package yellow cake mix regular size, divided
- 1 large egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp butter softened and divided
- 1 cup 2% milk cold
- 1 package instant banana cream pudding mix (3.4 oz.)
- 1 medium banana sliced
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping (8 oz.), thawed and divided
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- additional sliced ripe banana
- For a delicious treat, sprinkle the remaining topping over ice cream.
- When you're rolling out and fluting crust, work quickly so the dough doesn't get too soft and sticky.
- We love the addition of toasted coconut! Try stirring 1/2 cup into the filling and topping the pie with another 1/2 cup.
1 piece: 394 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein.