Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) shelled, blanched almonds
3 bitter almonds
180 ml (¾ cup) sugar
2 egg whites
1 drop of almond essence
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 300°F.
- Grind almonds with a mortar and pestle or in a food processor.
- In a bowl, gently combine the ground almonds, sugar, egg whites and almond essence until uniformly blended.
- Butter and flour a cookie sheet. Drop dough by small spoonfuls onto the sheet, leaving plenty of room between cookies.
- Bake on upper rack for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned.
- Cool on a rack.
Tip: For best results, let dough sit for two to three hours before spooning onto cookie sheet.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2241