Nothing is better than homemade cupcakes. They are so delicious and fluffy. Choose whatever frosting you want to top these treats.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- frosting your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Learn more cake baking tips we learned from grandma.
1 cupcake (calculated without frosting): 163 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fibre), 2g protein.