White Chocolate Cake
For those who prefer white chocolate, this delicious and moist cake recipe is just right. And to top it all off? Thick, velvety cream cheese icing.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 oz white chocolate chopped
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 10 oz self-raising flour
- 4 oz unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cup coconut flaked
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 oz unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Grease a 25 cm (10 inch) springform cake tin and line the base with baking (parchment) paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggwhites, vanilla and ½ cup (125 ml) milk.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, salt and remaining milk until light and fluffy. Fold in the eggwhite mixture, then the cooled white chocolate until combined. Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 45–50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely.
- Combine the icing ingredients in a bowl and beat well. Ice the top and side of the cooled cake. Sprinkle the flaked coconut on top.