White Bean Salad
Shutterstock | bitt24
- 1/2 red onion small, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- 4 slices country bread toasted
- 4 cups arugula trimmed, rinsed and dried
- 20 grape tomatoes halved
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Soak the chopped onion in a little ice water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the onion, garlic, lemon juice, oil, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and beans. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Arrange the arugula in a ring on a serving platter and place the bean mixture in the center.
- Garnish with grape tomato halves and serve with toasted bread and olive oil.