Veal Cutlets With Sage Butter
- 1/4 cup semi-salted butter softened
- 1 tsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp fresh sage leaves in thin strips
- 1 tsp parsley chopped finely
- ground pepper to taste
- 4 veal cutlets 2.5 cm / 1 inch thick
- In a bowl, combine the butter, juice, herbs and pepper to make a smooth paste.
- Place on piece of plastic wrap and shape into a roll 2.5 cm / 1 inch in diameter. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Preheat a ridged stove-top grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Sear the cutlets two at a time, turning once to mark both sides. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake about 5 minutes. Cut the cold butter into 0.5-cm / 1/4-inch slices.
- Serve cutlets on heated plates topped with slices of the herbed butter.