Lime Chicken Tacos
“Our fun, simple chicken taco recipe is perfect for a relaxing dinner with friends. If we have any leftover filling, I toss it into a garden-fresh taco salad.” —Tracy Gunter, Boise, Idaho
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas warmed, 6 inches
- sour cream
- pickled onions
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar or Cotija cheese
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place filling on tortillas; if desired, serve with sour cream, pickled onions, lettuce and cheese.
2 tacos: 291 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fibre), 28g protein.
Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.