Turkey and Pasta Ranch Salad
“This easy pasta salad is loaded with fresh veggies, and the classic ranch dressing makes it appealing to kids.” —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Taste of Home
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta about 5 ounces
- 2 medium sweet peppers chopped
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 3 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup peppercorn ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Place pasta, vegetables, turkey and parsley in a large bowl; toss with dressing and salt. Sprinkle with cheese.
1-2/3 cups: 256 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fibre), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.