Tropical Coconut Pie
“A breeze to prepare, this tropical-tasting pie is tops with whoever tries it.” —Nancy Mendoza, Yakima, Washington
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||20minutes + cooling||10minutes + chilling|
|8servings||20minutes + cooling|
|10minutes + chilling|
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut divided
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 can crushed pineapple undrained, 20 ounces
- 32 large marshmallows
- 2 tsp rum or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Toast the remaining coconut; set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or refrigerate for another use); set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine marshmallows and reserved juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Add pineapple, extract and salt; mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cool.
- Fold in the whipped cream; spoon into prepared crust. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 347 calories, 18g fat (13g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fibre), 2g protein.