Tart & Tangy Lemon Tart
“Our family adores lemon desserts. I often make this cheery tart for brunch. For extra-special events, I bake it in my heart-shaped tart pan.” —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|14servings||15minutes + chilling||45minutes + cooling|
|14servings||15minutes + chilling|
|45minutes + cooling|
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- sweetened whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Line the unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 18-22 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 5-7 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, egg yolks, cream cheese and cornstarch until blended; pour into crust. Bake until filling is set, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Let pie weights cool before storing. Beans and rice may be reused for pie weights, but not for cooking.
1 slice (calculated without whipped cream): 254 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.