This recipe takes the classic gnocchi and turns it into a fresh and vibrant summer dish.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 lb potatoes cooked and peeled
- 10 oz spinach trimmed, blanched, drained and chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup basil leaves chopped finely
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Melted butter as required
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes until very smooth. Add the spinach, egg yolks, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- With an electric mixer, incorporate the flour and the basil a little at a time, mixing until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Butter a large baking dish.
- Create the gnocchi using a teaspoon to shape the mixture into little balls the size and shape of quail eggs.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the gnocchi a few at a time, until they rise to the surface.
- Drain on paper towels and place in the buttered dish. Brush generously with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes, then run under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.