Spicy Air-Fryer Chicken Breasts
“My family adores this chicken recipe. Marinating enhances the taste, and the coating keeps the chicken nice and moist. The result is delicious.” —Stephanie Otten, Byron Center, Michigan
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||25minutes + marinating||20minutes/batch|
|8servings||25minutes + marinating|
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves skin removed (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Combine remaining ingredients in a shallow dish and stir to combine. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, and turn to coat. Place in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until a thermometer reads 170°, about 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Return all chicken to air fryer and cook to heat through, 2-3 minutes longer.
1 chicken breast half: 352 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fibre), 41g protein.