Roasted Butternut Squash with Parmesan
The tasty and golden butternut squash is one of the most versatile foods there is. You can use it in soups, casseroles or stews.
- 4 cups butternut squash peeled and seeded in 2.5 cm cubes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium onion chopped
- olive oil as required
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a skillet, wilt the onion in the oil. Add the squash and sauté until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with oregano, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until almost tender. Sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until the cheese is golden.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.