Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
“Turn a box of red velvet cake mix into this easy dessert—or breakfast! The icing tastes good and makes a pretty contrast with the rolls.” —Erin Wright, Wallace, Kansas
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||20minutes + rising||15minutes|
|12servings||20minutes + rising|
- 1 package red velvet cake mix regular size
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast (1/4 oz)
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (48 to 54 C)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tbsp 2% milk
Test Kitchen tips
- Want 'em even more decadent? Spread a fluffy layer of cream cheese frosting over the top.
- Make these morning beauties your own by swapping in your favourite flavour of cake mix. We particularly love spice cake, devil's food and orange.
1 cinnamon roll: 429 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.