Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
225 g (1/2 lb) yellow-flesh potatoes, unpeeled
45 ml (3 tbsp) salted butter
125 ml to 180 ml (1/2 to 3/4 cup) flour
20 pitted prunes
90 ml (6 tbsp) brandy or grappa
60 ml (4 tbsp) sugar
1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground cinnamon
15 ml (1 tbsp) bread crumbs
175 ml (2/3 cup) whole blanched almonds
1 ml (1/4 tsp) cinnamon
30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- In a food processor, purée the prunes with the brandy, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water. Peel and pass through a ricer. Let cool on the counter. Add the egg and flour and knead 2 minutes, adding more flour, if necessary, to make a dough that is soft but not sticky.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 10 cm (4 in) circle. Spread some of the prune purée in the middle of each circle, and fold the dough around the filling to form a ball.
- Place the almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar in the food processor and pulse to a powder.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Drop the gnocchi in the water and cook for about 8 minutes
- Drain, transfer to a heated serving platter and sprinkle with the ground almond mixture.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2577