Oven Denver Omelet
“I like omelets but don’t always have time to stand by the stove. That’s why I favour this oven-baked variety that I can quickly pop into the oven at a moment’s notice. My family frequently requests this for Sunday brunch. They always empty the dish.” —Ellen Bower, Taneytown, Maryland
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Green pepper is typical in a Denver omelet, but red, yellow and orange peppers are just as good, and add lots of colour.
- This is an American-style omelet, puffed and golden brown. If you prefer yours more tender and less brown, try baking at a lower temperature, about 325 degrees, until a thermometer reads 160 degrees and eggs are set.
1 piece: 235 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 326mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fibre), 17g protein.