Nectarine Pie with Balsamic Vinegar
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Pies/Tarts | Pies/Tarts Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Pies/Tarts | Pies/Tarts
Special diet :
125 ml (½ cup) sugar
75 ml (⅓ cup) flour
1 23 cm (9 inch) frozen deep-dish pie shell,
1 kg (2 lb 2 oz) nectarines, skin on, washed and cut in 8 wedges each
30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
3 ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract
Balsamic vinegar, reduce to a syrup, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a bowl, blend sugar with flour. Sprinkle half the mix evenly over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Arrange half the nectarines in the pie and sprinkle with half the vinegar.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar-flour mix over the nectarines.
- Arrange remaining fruit in pie and sprinkle with remaining vinegar.
- Bake on middle rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until pie crust is nicely browned.
- Combine sugar and vanilla and set aside.
- Carefully remove pie from pan and place on a rack. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar and allow to cool 20 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with balsamic syrup.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2391