Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
75 ml (⅓ cup) 35% cream
120 g (4 oz) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
50 ml (¼ cup) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) espresso coffee at room temperature
3 egg whites
50 ml (¼ cup) sugar
3 egg yolks
Shaved chocolate, as required
- In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Refrigerate.
- Place the chocolate, butter and coffee in the bowl of a bain marie or top of a double boiler (with the water below barely simmering) and stir until the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs whites, adding the sugar a little at a time, until they form soft peaks. Set aside at room temperature.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold the egg whites gently into the chocolate, one-third at a time.
- Fold the whipped cream carefully into the chocolate until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer the mousse to one large serving bowl or individual dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate 6 hours before serving. Decorate with chocolate shavings.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2530