“This easy skillet dish tastes just like lasagna without all the layering prep work. It’s perfect for busy weeknights!” —Sharon Martin, Denver, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz spiral noodles cooked and drained
- 1 cup small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- grated Parmesan cheese
- minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of the noodle mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle mixture; top with reserved meat sauce and remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
1-1/2 cups: 436 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fibre), 31g protein.