Grilled Pork Tenderloins
“We do a lot of outdoor cooking during the summer months, and this grilled pork tenderloin recipe is one my entire family loves.” —Betsy Carrington, Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins about 1 pound each
- hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a bowl or shallow dish; add tenderloins and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning pork occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with rice.
- Freeze option: Freeze uncooked pork in a freezer container with marinade. Transfer reserved marinade to a freezer container; freeze. To use, completely thaw tenderloins and marinade in refrigerator. Grill as directed.
3 ounces cooked pork: 196 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fibre), 24g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.