“When barbecuing for friends at home, I also use the grill to serve up hot appetizers. These crowd-pleasing stuffed peppers have a bit of bite. They were concocted by my son.” —Catherine Hollie, Cleveland, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 bacon strips halved
- Wash peppers. Cut a slit along one side of each pepper. Remove seeds; rinse and dry peppers.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stuff peppers with sausage and wrap with bacon; secure with soaked toothpicks.
- Grill peppers, uncovered, turning frequently, over medium heat until tender and bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes.
Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 stuffed pepper: 97 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 3g protein.