Ginger Apple-Pear Crisp
“Enjoy autumn aromas—apples, cinnamon and spices—in this delicious recipe. It’s even better with a scoop of vanilla or pumpkin ice cream! Whipped cream is always an option.” —Holly Battiste, Barrington, New Jersey
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 medium tart apples peeled and sliced
- 4 medium pears peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purposed flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, toss the first 7 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix the first 6 topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until golden brown and fruit is tender, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
1 serving: 295 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.