Garden Vegetable Primavera
“Although I enjoy this dish throughout the year, it’s even more special when I use my garden to supply the vegetables. A splash of white wine and a sprinkle of fresh basil really add flavour. I have also roasted the vegetables and mixed in chicken breasts with scrumptious results.” —Carly Curtin, Ellicott City, Maryland
Photo: Taste of Home
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 medium zucchini coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, carrot, Italian seasoning and salt in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Drain fettuccine. Add the fettuccine, cheese and basil to the skillet and toss to coat.
1-1/2 cups: 320 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fibre), 14g protein.