Fresh Pumpkin Tartlets
Pumpkins are now in season! These sweet, spicy tarts make a wonderful treat for guests and a great way to welcome autumn.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut shredded
- 1 orange grated zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry 20 x 11 inches each
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375º. In small saucepan, warm oil and butter together until butter melts. Remove from heat. Use a little of this mixture to lightly grease eight 3-inch individual pie or tart pans.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, coconut, orange zest and juice, and spices until well combined. Stir in pumpkin purée.
- Cut 32 five-inch squares from phyllo pastry (8 from each sheet). Layer 4 phyllo squares in each prepared pan, brushing each with oil and butter mixture. Add squares at different angles for petal-edge effect. Spoon pumpkin filling into pastry-lined pans.
- Bake tartlets until filling is set, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer pans to wire rack to cool slightly. Just before serving, top tartlets with blackberries and dust lightly with confectioners’ sugar.