Family-Favourite Cheeseburger Pasta
“I created this cheeseburger pasta recipe to satisfy a craving. What a delicious, healthy classic!” —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef 90% lean
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes 14-1/2 ounces
- 2 tbsp dill pickle relish
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts 1-1/2 cups: 391 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fibre), 28g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.