Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
“I’ve been asked to share this marshmallow chocolate bar recipe more than any other in my collection. It’s a longtime favourite of our three daughters. How many times we’ve all made these, I can’t count.” — Esther Shank, Harrisonville, Virginia
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3dozen||25minutes||15minutes + cooling|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts if desired. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake until set, 15-18 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until melted. Place pan on a wire rack. Using a knife dipped in water, spread marshmallows evenly over the top. Cool completely.
- For topping, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in Rice Krispies. Immediately spread over bars. Chill until set.
1 bar: 196 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein