“My sons used to help me make these cookies, and now my oldest granddaughter helps. When the smaller grandchildren are home, they help, too. The cute little sandwich cookies are tender, buttery and melt-in-your-mouth good!” —Linda Clinkenbeard, Vincennes, Indiana
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|24cookies||25 minutes + chilling||10minutes/batch|
|24cookies||25 minutes + chilling|
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 drop each red and green food colouring
- In a small bowl, beat butter, flour and cream. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/4-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Prick each cookie 3-4 times with a fork.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Remove half to another bowl; tint one portion of filling with red food colouring and the other half with green. Carefully spread filling on bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
1 each: 91 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.