“These moist chocolate cupcakes have a fun filling and shiny chocolate frosting that make them different from any other. They always disappear in a flash!” —Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||20minutes||15minutes + cooling|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 1 package devil's food cake mix regular size
- 2 tsp hot water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 jar marshmallow creme 7 ounces
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- GANACHE FROSTING:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions, using 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine water and salt until salt is dissolved. Cool. In a small bowl, beat the marshmallow creme, shortening, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; beat in the salt mixture.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry bag; insert round pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream filling. Push tip through the top of each cupcake to fill center.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a dipping consistency.
- Dip cupcake tops in ganache; chill for 20 minutes or until set. Store in the refrigerator.
1 cupcake: 262 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.