Coconut Chicken and Shrimp
“I was looking for a fun, easy weeknight dinner based on our favourite shrimp dish that was healthier than fast food. This has become a favourite!” —Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lime-flavoured seltzer water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp 31-40 per pound, peeled and deveined
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 6 ounces each, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Salt and pepper to taste optional
- MAUI MUSTARD:
- 1 can crushed pineapple 8 ounces, well drained
- 1/2 cup red pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- In the mood for just seafood? Skip the chicken and use more shrimp.
- Need a quick appetizer? Serve with toothpicks.
1 serving: 659 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fibre), 29g protein.