No-Bake Coconut & Banana Lentil Energy Bites
These nutritious bites are easy to make and perfect for children to get involved with!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds unsalted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup green lentils cooked
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted (not hot)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Place coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, banana, lentils, and honey into a food processor. Pulse until smooth, scrape down the sides and pulse again. Transfer to a bowl using a spatula.
- Stir in chocolate chips and oil until fully incorporated. Stir in the coconut flour until fully combined.
- Roll into bite-size balls, about 1 tbsp. (15 mL) in size. Cover and refrigerate or freeze for 5-10 minutes. The bites will become more solid and ready to eat. Store in an air tight container in the fridge to snack on during the week, or freeze until you are ready to nibble.
Coconut flour can be found at most bulk food, grocery, or health stores. You can also use almond flour. Stir in enough flour as needed to easily roll the balls. Transform these bites into vegan snacks by using vegan chocolate chips, or omitting altogether.
Nutritional content per serving:
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Dietary Fibre: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 1 g
Sodium: 5 mg
Potassium: 39 mg
Folate: 10 mcg