“Kid-friendly and quick, these crunchy oven-baked chicken fries are coated with a mixture of crushed potato chips, panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip them in ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or honey-mustard sauce.” —Nick Iverson, Denver, Colorado
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups finely crushed ridged potato chips
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips, 6each
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. In a separate shallow bowl, combine chips, bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in potato chip mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Transfer to a greased wire rack in a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
1 serving: 376 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fibre), 27g protein.