Rustic Caramel Apple Tart
“Like an apple pie without the pan, this scrumptious tart has a crispy crust that cuts nicely and a yummy caramel topping.” —Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4servings||20minutes + chilling||25minutes|
|4servings||20minutes + chilling|
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- 6-1/2 tsp cold water
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp caramel ice cream topping warmed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water and vanilla, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine the filling ingredients; spoon over crust to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling. Whisk egg and water; brush over crust.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Using parchment, slide tart onto a wire rack. Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve warm.
1 slice: 298 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fibre), 4g protein.