Caramel Apple Cupcakes
“Take these extra special cupcakes to your next event and watch how quickly they disappear! With a caramel topping and spice cake base, they’re the perfect mix of two fall-favourite treats.” —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1dozen||25minutes||20minutes + cooling|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1 package spice or carrot cake mix regular size
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples about 2 medium
- 20 caramels
- 3 tbsp 2% milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans toasted
- 12 wooden skewers 4-1/2 inch
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 jumbo muffin cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; fold in apples. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans; cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, cook caramels and milk over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden skewer in each.
1 cupcake: 365 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.