Few things say summer like warm blueberry pie. Impress your friends with this simple and easy blueberry pie recipe.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon grated zest
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 2 cups blueberry jam
- 10 oz blueberries frozen
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest.
- Add the butter and blend with a pastry blender until the butter is the size of small peas.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, and combine until the dough forms a ball.
- Divide in half, wrap each piece in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- On a floured work surface, roll out half the dough and place in the bottom of a 23 cm / 9” pie plate. Brush the edge with water.
- In a bowl, combine the jam and blueberries and pour into the pie crust.
- Roll out the top crust and place over the filling. Press the crusts together to seal and make a decorative border.
- Mix the second egg yolks with a little cold water and brush the pie crust with it. Bake on the lower rack for about 40 minutes.
- Cool on the counter before serving.