“This is a fun, kid-friendly recipe I pulled together a few years ago. My kids love helping me make these.” —Jessica Boivin, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
- 2 packages white baking chips 10 to 12 ounces each
- 1 package pretzel sticks 10 ounces
- 24 yellow chicks Peeps candy
- 1 package M&M's eggs or other egg-shaped candy 12 ounces
- In a large metal bowl over simmering water, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup melted chips for decorations; keep warm.
- Add pretzel sticks to remaining chips; stir to coat evenly. Drop mixture into 24 mounds on waxed paper; shape into bird nests using 2 forks.
- Dip bottoms of Peeps in reserved chips; place in nests. Attach eggs with remaining chips. Let stand until set.
1 nest: 276 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fibre), 4g protein.