Asparagus and Cheese Omelette Wrap
Looking for a twist on the ordinary omelette? This light and fluffy wrap is a scrumptious alternative.
- 3 spears asparagus trimmed, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup smoked cheddar
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp chipotle puree optional
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla
- Beat eggs lightly with water, salt and chipotles.
- Heat oil in a 10-in/26-cm nonstick skillet and add eggs. When eggs start to set, swish them around so that the unset top rotates to the bottom. Sprinkle with chives, cheese and asparagus. Cook a minute longer, just until cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, warm and soften tortilla in a skillet (about one minute) or microwave (about 10 seconds), or wrap in foil and heat in a 300F (150C) oven for 10 minutes. Slide the omelette onto the tortilla and roll up. Cut in half on the diagonal for a sandwich or in slices for little appetizers.