Number of servings : 6
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 35 Minutes
Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes
Special diet :
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup loosely packed minced fresh chives
1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 head cauliflower
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large shallot, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
1.25 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- In blender or food processor, puree yogurt, chives, and mustard to make sauce. If making sauce ahead, refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Trim leaves from base of cauliflower. Remove hard bottom stem, keeping remaining cauliflower whole. In large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook cauliflower, fully submerged, until barely crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain. Let cool slightly.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and oregano. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in breadcrumbs, mixing well to coat with oil and seasonings. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- If necessary, slightly level top of cauliflower so it can stand inverted in small baking dish. Place cauliflower, stem end up, in dish. Fill hollow of stem with crumb mixture.
- Bake until breadcrumbs are golden and cauliflower is fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with sauce.