Air Fryer Pumpkin Fries
“Move over French fries, because these homemade pumpkin fries are divine! They’re not only healthier than traditional fries, but they’re simple to make and crisp up beautifully in the air fryer. The maple-chipotle dipping sauce is the perfect accompaniment.” —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 medium pie pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, maple syrup, chipotle peppers and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Peel pumpkin; cut in half lengthwise. Discard seeds or save for toasting. Cut pumpkin into 1/2-in. strips. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and pepper; toss to coat.
- In batches, arrange pumpkin on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until just tender, 6-8 minutes. Toss to redistribute; cook until browned and crisp, 3-5 minutes longer. Serve with sauce.
Test Kitchen tip
If you don’t have pumpkin on hand, butternut squash makes an excellent substitute. And don’t forget to save those seeds for roasting!
1/2 cup pumpkin fries with 2 tablespoons sauce: 151 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fibre), 5g protein.