Tuscan Pork Rolls
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 slices, 85 g (3 oz) each pork loin, all fat removed
85 g (3 oz) sweet pancetta, in thin slices
8 leaves fresh sage
75 ml (1/3 cup) flour
50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled, whole
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
1 can, 398 ml (14 oz) Italian plum tomatoes, diced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- On a work surface, place the pork slices between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet or heavy-bottomed pan to a thickness of about 0.5 cm (1/4 in).
- Place an equal amount of pancetta and one sage leaf on each piece of meat, and roll up, securing with toothpicks.
- Flour the rolls and shake off the excess.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Lightly brown the garlic and the rolls (on all sides) – about 8 minutes. Add the wine and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- If desired, remove the toothpicks and garlic.
- Serve the rolls with the sauce spooned over them.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2527