Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
225 g (1/2 lb) tortiglioni
1 medium onion, chopped
500 ml (2 cups / 220 g) mushrooms, sliced
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 packet commercial béchamel sauce mix
250 ml (1 cup) milk
450 g (1 lb) cooked turkey, diced
375 ml (1 1/2 cups / 195 g) Swiss cheese, grated
75 ml (1/3 cup) flat parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
50 ml (1/4 cup) Italian-style bread crumbs
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain without rinsing and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C / 350˚F.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and mushrooms in the oil. Add to the pasta.
- In a saucepan, prepare the béchamel using only 1 cup of milk. Pour over the pasta.
- Add the turkey, half the cheese and the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-to-table casserole and cover with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2560