Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1⁄2 cup chicken stock
1 stalk lemongrass
3 fresh or dried kafﬁr lime leaves
3⁄4 lb (335g) fresh scallops
6oz (170g) snow peas
2 tablespoons peanut oil
2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
⅔ cup (150ml) coconut milk
A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Heat the stock in a small saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Peel the shallots and chop them ﬁnely. Remove and discard the outer section of the lemongrass, then chop the stalk ﬁnely. Chop or crumble the kafﬁr lime leaves.
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry, leaving any corals intact. If the scallops are large, cut them into discs. Rinse the snow peas, top and tail them, and cut them in half crosswise.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan until it shows a faint haze. Add the shallots, lemongrass, kafﬁr lime leaves, scallops, and snow peas to the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir the curry paste into the stock, then add it to the pan with the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse, dry, and chop the coriander leaves. Transfer the cooked scallops to a serving dish and sprinkle the coriander on top.
Cook’s Suggestion: Kaffir lime is a South-east Asian citrus fruit whose leaves and rind both have a strong, flowery, lime-and-lemon scent. You will find fresh and/or dried leaves in larger supermarkets or oriental grocery stores.