Tagliatelle with Green Sauce
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 7 to 8 minutes Type of meal : | Main Courses |
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 7 to 8 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
225 g baby spinach, thick stems discarded
100 g ounces watercress, thick stems discarded
1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
1 pound fresh tagliatelle
2 teaspoons (10 mL) cornstarch
1 cup (250 mL) nonfat sour cream
4 tablespoons (60 mL) chopped parsley
6 sprigs fresh basil, torn into pieces
Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- Rinse the spinach and watercress and place in a large saucepan with just the water clinging to the leaves. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring and turning the vegetables occasionally, until they wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and heat through, uncovered, 2 minutes; there should be enough liquid in the saucepan to cook the peas. Tip the greens and their liquid into a bowl; set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water over high heat until al dente, 3 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, blend the cornstarch to a smooth paste with the sour cream. Put into the saucepan used for cooking the vegetables and stir over medium heat until just bubbling. Stir in the vegetables, parsley, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat the sauce through, then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss to mix with the sauce.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1106