Sweet Potato Crostini
“For party time, I turn this sweet potato side dish into an appetizer by serving it on slices of a French baguette.” —Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 24 slices French bread baguette 1/4 inch thick
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven; preheat broiler.
- Mix sweet potatoes, pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread over toasts. Top with marshmallows, pressing lightly. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until marshmallows are lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes.
1 appetizer: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fibre), 1g protein.