Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
50 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
1 rabbit, cut in 8 pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp) flour
125 ml (½ cup) white wine vinegar
250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
125 ml (½ cup) golden raisins
125 ml (½ cup) pine nuts, toasted
Flat parsley, chopped, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet that has a lid, heat the oil over medium heat and brown the rabbit pieces lightly on each side. Season with salt and pepper and set aside on a large platter.
- Wipe the fat from the skillet and return it to the stove. Add the sugar and flour and stir to combine.
- Deglaze with the vinegar, add the stock and bring to a boil, whisking constantly until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Return the rabbit pieces to the pan, add the raisins and return to the boil.
- Cover and place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.