Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 medium squid, cleaned
250 ml (1 cup) fresh bread crumbs
15 ml (1 tbsp) black olives, pitted and chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 325°F.
- Chop the heads and tentacles of the squid and place in a bowl. Add the bread crumbs, olives, parsley and garlic. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the squid bodies two-thirds full with the bread crumb mixture. Close with toothpicks.
- Arrange the stuffed squid in a baking dish, add the tomatoes and olive oil, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove toothpicks.
- Serve 2 squid per person, spooning some of the cooking liquid over the top.
- Garnish with curls of lime zest and slices of lime.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2431