Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake
“It always seems like my rhubarb goes bad in a hurry, so I was looking for a simple way to combine two of my favourite flavours in an incredibly easy dessert. I added extra spices to enhance the flavour of this strawberry-rhubarb dump cake for a sweet treat my whole family loved!” —Jessica Bridge, Grand Junction, Colorado
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||20minutes||45minutes + cooling|
|45minutes + cooling|
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup butter melted and divided
- 1 package spice cake mix regular size
- whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with cake mix. Top with remaining butter.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 45-55 minutes. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
1/2 cup: 272 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fibre), 3g protein.