“My easy-to-make puff pastry crust is topped with a soft-set pudding layer that has a hint of strawberry flavour. It needs to chill for at least an hour, so it’s your new go-to for a make-ahead brunch!” —Candace Richter, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp seedless strawberry jam
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (5.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Add flour all at once and beat until blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring vigorously until mixture pulls away from sides of pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown (surface will be uneven). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and jam until smooth. Beat in milk and pudding mix until smooth. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into pudding mixture. Spread over crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top with strawberries.
1 piece: 377 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fibre), 7g protein.